Happy New Year to one and all! I think I'm actually ready for 2013 and I have a few
First, I want to explain where I have been the past few weeks. See, that picture above. They are my number one priority. This is the first year in two years that my awesome husband was actually home to spend the holidays with us and I didn't want to take that for granted. The past two years he was deployed serving our country over seas. So I personally decided to unplug from my blog and spend quality time with my family. It's something I don't regret but I am sorry to all my readers for not explaining this ahead of time. :/
Now back to the basics. 2013 and my goals (mainly for my blog):
- Get a new blog design. Yep, I need one. I'm not quite ready to make the WP jump so I'm looking for some good Blogger site designers out there! Give me a shout. I hate HTML and could use all the help I can get! Also, I need a new theme. I'm tired of the girl on the computer. Too commercial.
- Make money with my blog: I've started to slowly do this but I really want to put my all into it. My kiddos are going to elementary school within the next few years so I really need to decide whether I want to do this full time or get back into the outside working world. In order to do that I need to see how much time I'm spending on my blog and what I need to do to make it work for me!
- Stay True to myself: I started this blogging thing as a hobby. After two years it is really starting to grow and if I really stick with it I can see it going somewhere. However, I still want to stay true to myself. I don't want to just be a deals blog (I can't keep up with all the deals and post them at the same time) and I don't want to just do reviews and giveaways. I want to start adding in recipes, (which is difficult...have you ever tried to cook and take pictures at the same time??) write more about my family (like my gingerbread house post), and share more meaningful stories (like my passion...education).
- In order to complete number 3 I need to get organized with my blog. Right now my office is my dining room table. I need to find a little nook or corner, set it up and really organize my stuff! Actually I plan on starting that this week.
- Fix my Facebook and Twitter blogging pages. FB keeps coming up with new rules so it makes it hard to keep a page running however I'm going to try. And with twitter. Yeah, I'm getting there. I'm not a tweeting queen but I'm learning the ropes.
So that's my blogging goals. Personal goals:
- Spend more time with the family. So far no deployments yet but I know they are coming soon so I want us to spend as much quality time as we can before that happens.
- Get the kids ready to start school. Sorry, I'm an educator. I know they are in preschool but I can't help but work on things here at the house! :)
- Get in shape. Yep, already started this one. I've joined a workout group and I can already see the results!
So that's my goals for the new year! I promise (okay maybe I do every year) that I'm going to really buckle down and make my dreams reality. I do love a good reality TV show. What about you?
What are your goals for 2013?