What is there to do in Virginia Beach? It's more like what isn't there to do! Virginia Beach has so many activities that are awesome for the whole family. Here's just a few of my favorites:
- The beach: If you have children your best bet is to get as close to the beach as possible. It just makes it easier to carry all the fun sand toys and to cart the little ones. You can find some really great accommodation suggestions from the Virginia Beach Convention and Visitor Bureau website.
- The Virginia Aquarium: What to do if it rains! I know we've been to the beach a few times for it to rain almost the entire time. This is when you get creative. You start to find really cool places to visit and the Aquarium is one of those places. You're still getting a taste of what it's like to live and play in the water and kids usually enjoy it!
- Mini Golf: What is visiting the beach without doing a little putt-putting!? This is fun for the whole family and it usually is a very reasonable price. Not only do you get the chance to show off your mad golf skills by getting a hole in one but also test your luck at a special indoor 3D mini golf!
- Beach Street USA- If you want to know about festivals or other outdoor entertaining you might want to check out this site! It's chocked full of event schedules and festivals. Some of the cool ones I happened to see are the Kite Festival and one that my son would love: Charles Barker Toyota Scion Monsters on the Beach!
- Finally: THE FOOD When you're at the beach eat like a coastal dweller. That means seafood and lots of it. You might want to check out the Coastal Food Tours of Virginia Beach. You'll get to try some local cuisine and fill your belly with lots of goodies. Don't forget the sweets like Salt Water Taffy!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach blogging program. For more information on how you can participate, click here.