Now I've found the perfect solution. It's the Energizer® Weatheready® Compact Rechargeable LED Light. This extensive flashlight line is designed to provide extended runtimes so your family has light where and when it is needed most. This light features:
- Three bright white LEDs
- Recharges hundreds of times with embedded NiMH battery
- Turns on when the power goes out
- 2 mode slide switch, high & Low
In addition here are some important tips to remember:
The Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) recommends the following items for an emergency preparedness kit. Keep these items together in a safe location for access in case of storm damage.
- Water: According to FEMA, each person should have a supply of one gallon of water per day for three days, as a normally active person needs at least one-half gallon of water daily just for drinking, in addition to cooking and sanitation.
- Nonperishable food and a manual can opener
- Antibacterial Hand Wipes for when soap and water are not available.
- One change of clothing and footwear per person; toys and books for children
- One blanket or sleeping bag per person
- A first aid kit, including necessary prescription medications and eyeglasses
- Pictures of family members and pets, in the event of separation
- Pet care items
- Extra set of car keys
- Vehicle fuel tanks filled
- Credit card or cash
- Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members
“An emergency power kit along with other essentials can help ensure the comfort and safety of families throughout the country in severe weather situations,” said Jim Olsen, vice president of marketing for Energizer North America. “We are reminding families to be prepared for power outages by putting together their own backup power kits to ensure they are always prepared for blackouts due to severe weather situations.”
In addition to a backup power kit and emergency supplies keep copies of important medical records, insurance documents and personal family papers easily accessible.
Buy it: The Energizer WeatherReady Rechargable LED light can be purchased for the MSRP of $15.99.
Win it: One lucky reader is going to win their very own light! This giveaway will begin on August 27 and end on September 10. It is open to the US only. Just fill out the simple rafflecopter form to enter! Good Luck!Disclosure: This review and giveaway item was provided at no charge in exchange for an honest review. The ideas and opinions expressed are my own.