Here is an activity that I can say I have never actually participated in: bowling! I have no idea why, I just have never been bowling. The one time I went with my family and friends I had just had my first kiddo and I didn't want to pick up the ball. For some reason this sport just doesn't appeal to me. However, my kids are getting older and my husband wants to take them bowling. And after reading the summer deals that AMF is hosting, I just might have to try it out. Check out these great summer saves:
Zip, Zero, Zilch for Kids 16 and Under
- At select AMF centers, two free games of bowling per day for kids 16 and under. (Shoe rental not included, but they’re worth paying for.)
- Time: open until 8:00PM, 7 days a week.
- Dates: Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) through Monday, September 5 (Labor Day).
- Parents go to http://bit.ly/AMFfree to select a participating center (over 200 locations) and complete a simple registration form.
- Free game coupons emailed every Sunday starting May 29 for the following week – it’s that simple!
GREAT DEAL FOR EVERYONE OVER 17
- Share the fun and save!
- For families of registered kids, a one-time payment of $27.95 buys 2 games per day for 4 people all summer long – it’s the AMF Summer 17 Plus Pass. (Same dates and times as above.)
- Less than $7 per person for 2 games everyday all summer.
- Available online at http://bit.ly/AMFfree.
- Kids combo meals all summer for $2.99.
- Pin decorating contest:
- Most votes on Facebook in each of 4 age divisions wins a $2500 scholarship prize
- AMF donates 25 cents per vote up to $10,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
- Schedule of learn-to-bowl and fun competitive sessions.
So should I take the big jump and try out bowling. I really want to know if those balls are as heavy as they look or if it's really that hard to knock down the pins. I play bowling on the Wii and my phone but maybe I should really take the whole "unplugged" theme to heart and really get out there and try this out for myself. I would love to hear what you guys think about bowling. Is it fun? Is it boring? Feel free to share! =)
disclosure: I participated in this campaign as a member of One2One Network and am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated in the post are my own.