Where do I start?
- I love when Easter comes in March. My birthday is in March so when Easter is in March it's like a double whammy for me! I get gifts for my birthday and candy for Easter!!
- PEEPS- need I say more?!? I know you can get them year round now but it started with Easter and there is nothing like finding an Easter bunny or chick peep in your Easter basket. And to top that, they are super YUMMY! BTW- have you seen the new chocolate covered peepsters???
- CANDY- A holiday is always a good excuse to eat candy! =)
- Easter egg hunts- now that I have kids we love to do Easter Egg hunts. So far we've done 2. And this year I think we're going to try something new and do the Easter Egg Hunt inside. Our house is big so it should be easy!
- Rice Krispie Treats- Last year we did Rice Krispie treat eggs. They were super fun to make and decorate. You just made your regular ole treats and then used an egg shaped cookie cutter to cut out eggs to decorate! (Ok so I cheated and bought a kit..hehehe). This year we're going to do this other super cute recipe I saw in the All You magazine. You take a plastic easter egg, mold the rice krispie around the top, put candy inside, then mold more rice kripsie around the bottom and the close them together. I think I'm going to use icing to hold it together! IT should be fun!
- Church- ok I know this is the main reason of Easter and I really want to get my kids more involved in the whole religious aspect of Easter. I mean we talk about it at home but I really want to start taking the kids to church so they can learn the REAL meaning of Easter. I loved going to church on Easter. You would dress up, hear about the Easter story and then after church we would have an easter egg hunt! It was so much fun!
Ok I could go on and on but I think I will stop there. Of course, like always I want to know what you do for Easter or what you love about Easter. I love finding new ideas to use with my family.
Blending state of the art animation with live action, Hop is a comedy about E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), the teenage son of the Easter Bunny. On the eve of taking over the family business, E.B. leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a drummer. Once there, he encounters Fred (James Marsden of the X-Men series, Enchanted), recently fired and determined to pull his life together. Feigning injury, E.B. persuades Fred to take him in, and Fred finds himself living with the world’s worst houseguest. Back on Easter Island, the Easter Bunny’s second in command, an oversized chick named Carlos, seizes E.B.’s disappearance as an opportunity to plot a coup. Ultimately, Fred and E.B. are Easter’s only hope and they find themselves returning to Easter Island, locked in an epic battle to save the beloved holiday. The film is helmed by Tim Hill, director of the blockbuster Alvin and the Chipmunks and produced by Chris Meledandri’s Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me).
More info: www.iwantcandy.com
Universal Pictures on Facebook
Follow @UniversalPics on Twitter
Disclosure:I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hop blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.