So how do you have an Ultimate Holiday Season?? Well, I'm glad you asked. Let me share my top 10 ways to have an Ultimate Holiday season!
- Plan Ahead. I'm one of those people who starts planning for Christmas at the beginning of the New Year. And I start buying my presents as soon as I see stuff on sale even if it is only March.
- Open a Christmas savings account. If you want a really fabulous Christmas then you have to have money. My husband and I opened a Christmas account this year and direct deposited money into it every month. Now that it's Christmas time I had enough money to buy all our presents, decorations and food without any worries.
- Read blogs. I learned this one last year. I found some of the most amazing ideas and recipes from blogs. I also found some of the best deals for toys on blogs too! And that is holding true this year. I'm getting almost everything from the kids Christmas list for free! For example, the Hasbro Ultimate Gifts collection full of awesome toys that will be available at some of my favorite stores including Target.com and amazon.com.
- Go to a Christmas Party! I'm not talking about the office or work Christmas party. I'm talking about the one your family or friends throw. The ones where the kids can run around and play while the adults sit and chat it up! Nothing like spending time with those you love over the holidays!
- Don't be afraid to try something new. Thanks to blogging I'm learning to try lots of new things. There are so many products out there that are fabulous, cheap and totally make life easier. Be open to trying them out.
- Splurge on an outfit. Yeah I know this sounds strange but you're sure to go out somewhere for Christmas, whether it be church, a party, dinner or whatever. Either way you want to look good.
- Start or continue traditions. One of our traditions is opening one present on Christmas eve. We started this when I was little and I've carried it on to my kids. It's always great to have something special that you do every year with the ones you love.
- Host a cookie exchange. Sure, I didn't really know what these were, although they are self explanatory. However, I have had a blast looking for new and yummy cookies recipes and I can't wait to share them with my friends.
- Give back or pay one forward. I know this sounds like an obvious one and it doesn't seem very "ultimate" but I'm telling you it will make you feel awesome. We donate toys, money and our time to help out causes. This year since I've started blogging I have donated points that I've earned from various programs to rewards that give back such as toy, money and even water to those in need.
- Don't be a scrooge! In other words, have fun! I know the holidays can be stressful. Trust me, this will be my husband's first Christmas without us. So sure, it's hard to relax and have fun. But if I want this holiday to be ultimate for my family, I put that worry aside and do the best I can!
FURREAL FRIENDS BISCUIT, MY LOVIN’ PUP
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $199.99/Available: Now)
FURREAL FRIENDS BUTTERSCOTCH MY FURREAL PONY
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $299.99/Available: Now)
MONOPOLY ONYX EDITION
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available: Now)
SCRABBLE PREMIER Wood Edition
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $119.99/Available: Now)
STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $179.99/Available: Now)
TRANSFORMERS ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $89.99/Available: Now)
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Hasbro Ultimate Gifts blogging sweepstakes, making me eligible to get a $50 Gift card to use at www.HasbroToyShop.com! For more information on how you can participate, click here.